When the New Year began, I had to face reality: several of the projects I had taken on in 2008 were completed and weren't likely to renew. Several retainer clients also reduced their fees. I've been fortunate in the five years since I started MLMC that most of my work has come from referrals.

I've never had to truly chase work.

And that terrifies me.

There I said it.

But, it seems like I'm not alone. It seems like I get e-mails in my inbox daily about marketing in a down economy. How to use your network better. Heck, how to network at all.

And, I realized that I am not fully utilizing my network. So, I've made some late January New Year's Resolutions:

And, the hardest one for me: Ask For Work.

I'm heading to a board meeting for the Cincinnati chapter of PRSA this afternoon where I'll start putting my resolutions in action.

In the meantime, want to know more about me or MLMC? I think the graphic below says it all (click it to make it bigger):

Wordle: MLMC2

2 comments

  1. IPG on January 30, 2009 at 9:33 AM

    Hello,

    I did not know you were a blogger! :)

    I love the layout and feel of your blog. Mine is more of the personal/graduate school/work nature.

    But it is great to read yours. I will probably link it to mine. Although mostly only academics follow mine. :)

     
  2. Megan Licursi on January 30, 2009 at 9:43 AM

    Well...I don't know if I qualify as a "blogger" yet. I definitely haven't found my rhythm. Or, is it that I haven't found my voice? Anyway, I'm trying to be more regular with it.

    Thanks for the comments!