In an agency environment, "billable hours" reign superior.

But, I often struggle with pitting those billable hours against prospecting, or other work that could potentially grow my little agency. Like, say, blogging :)

On any given day, my to-do list is insane (see photo above). This white board keeps me organized.

Recently, I began holding weekly status calls with my partner and all of our subcontractors.
The key, we've discovered, to managing an insane to-do list boils down to having an organized work-plan.

And strong coffee.

3 comments

  1. Anonymous on December 11, 2008 at 10:56 AM

    Like you, I'm a huge fan of the whiteboard.

    I supplement that with bi-weekly meetings with my boss where we go through the "to do" list items and make sure we agree about where our priorities lie.

    I used to use the "Tasks" functionality in Outlook, but have found I like the whiteboard a lot more. Not sure why... just do.

     
  2. Anonymous on December 11, 2008 at 11:06 AM

    I've recently adopted the Outlook Tasks as my to-do list. I love that I can flag emails and set reminders and due dates for the items discussed. I live and breathe by the reminders - my agency knows the best way to get me into a meeting is to send me an invite. Even the more casual "chats" get invites!

    But, there is something visually, viscerally appealing about a physical calendar/whiteboard. I literally had to wean myself off my Day Planner.

     
  3. Megan Licursi on December 11, 2008 at 11:11 AM

    Robin and Erica, great comments! I find the physical act of erasing a task from the whiteboard, once it's complete, is extremely cathartic.