You might notice that it's been quite a while since my last post. That's because it's been a banner two weeks at MLMC. We signed 2 new clients: Evolution Robotics' new Mint Cleaner, Compass Point Counseling Services and re-signed an oldie but goodie: OneCare and its line of Dryel and Downy Wrinkle Releaser products.

I had a meeting with a few other independent practitioners yesterday and one of them asked me how it was going. I replied with the good news above and told him I thought it was a good sign of a potential swing of the economy.

Let me repeat that: this is a good sign of a potential swing of the economy.

Companies are beginning to spend money on marketing again and that's a great thing.

During the last financial downturn in the early 2000's, an old boss of mine taught me a lesson on the cyclical nature of the economy. This was a b-to-b firm where most of our revenue came from manufacturing companies. He told me that manufacturing firms are the first to slow down and the first to pick back up.

I don't know if this is true, but I do believe that marketing is often the first to get cut.

And, I, for one, am happy--thrilled--to see it coming back.

1 Comment

  1. Debba on April 13, 2010 at 7:17 AM

    Whoo hoo! Congrats girlfriend! Love seeing smart, nice women be successful!

    Debba / Girlfriendology.com