Good morning, everyone. Today is October 1, and it's time to start practicing what I preach. I tell clients day in and day out to embrace Web 2.0. To Twitter. To have a Facebook or MySpace page.

To blog.

And, then my clients typically ask the shameful question, "What do you do, Megan?"

Well, I have a Facebook page. I Twitter (follow me: @meganlicursi). I even have an e-mail-based "thinktank" comprised of senior marketing and public relations professionals that I rely on as my sounding board--and sometimes they act as the board of directors for MLMC.

Speaking of MLMC, I started down the path of owning a small agency five years ago come January. Since then, I've led (or co-led) some impressive campaigns for SinuCleanse, The Health Foundation of Greater Cincinnati. I've also handled projects for the big guys like Valvoline, National City and CONTECH Construction Products.

But, as I set out to grow the business, I find that I need a creative way to showcase my thought leadership and strategy skills. The first agency that hired me prided themselves on strategy. I carry that with me and insist that all marketing objectives be tied to business development goals.

So, with that, I introduce the new MLMC blog.

Watch this space for marketing musings, lessons and general thoughts.

2 comments

  1. Kristi Mendez on October 1, 2008 at 7:37 AM

    Congrats, Megan. Looking forward to reading!

     
  2. Kevin Dugan on October 1, 2008 at 9:39 AM

    Welcome to the fray. Have you ever considered doing green PR?